YHAI Mumbai Unit (027-MAH-02) - the best trekking group in Mumbai!
The Mumbai Unit of Youth Hostels Association of India is the oldest units set up in the city on the 1st of May, 1972. The Mumbai unit has been consistently organizing treks in Sahyadris and Himalyas, Himlayan Expeditions, rock climbing and rapelling sessions, Star Gazing Programs and also various camps in its many years of existence. The monsoon treks of Mumbai unit are eagerly looked forward to by the trekking fraternity. The Mumbai unit has been a pioneer trekking group in Mumbai.
The Mumbai Unit has completed forty years plus and still going strong. These years are not a landmark for us but still its a phase which is worth the applause for the contribution of all the persons who made YHAI, Mumbai Unit.
We look forward to the active participation of all our patrons in the events organised and help us make them a huge success. You can also send us your suggestions and feedback on email@example.com which can help us grow as an unit.
Click here to check out our upcoming trek schedule.
Some achievements that makes all members of YHAI Mumbai Unit proud -
- In 1984, successfully organized trek to Raigad for Visually handicapped trekkers.
- In 1989, Government of Rajasthan organized the first desert trek an invited YHAI Mumbai Unit to organize participation. A total of 30 members participated in two batches.
- Successful Himalayan treks organized by YHAI Mumbai Unit include Ladakh (since 1987), Pindari-Kafni (1993 & 1996), Arunachal Pradesh, Sarang Sangla (1999), Markha Valley, Numbra Valley and many more.
- In 1987, trek to Chinchoti waterfall had a record participation of 300 trekkers.
Expeditions conducted by YHAI Mumbai Unit -
- Kanghyashi (height-21,200 feet) in the year 1996.
- Stock Kangri in the year 2000.
- Gulab Kangri (height-18,000 feet) in the year 2003.
- Rudugaira in the year 2004.
- Friendship-Ladakhi-Shitidhar in the year 2007.
Cycling Rallies organized by YHAI Mumbai Unit -
- In the year 1985, to participate in the Youth Festival in New Delhi a cycling rally was organized from Nashik to New Delhi. A total of 48 participants took part in the rally of which 38 were from the Mumbai Unit.
- In 1986, Mr. Narendra Singh organized cycle trail in Ladakh. 8 participants attended the event. Mumbai Unit again organized a similar event in 1996.
- In the year 1987, Mr. Narendra Singh and Mr. Raja cycled all the way from Mumbai to Kathmandu.
- From 1985 to 1987, to commemorate Youth Day YHAI Mumbai Unit organized cycling rally from Borivali to Gateway of India.
Rock/Pinnacle Climbing organized by YHAI Mumbai Unit -
- In 1985, Hadbichi Shendi was successfully climbed by Mr. Umesh Lotlikar.
- In 1985, Lingana was successfully climbed by Mr. Satish Amberkar.
- In 1990, Baan pinnacle was successfully climbed by Mr. Sachin Mayekar.
- In 1999, Mahuli Ranges was successfully climbed by Mr. Umesh Lotlikar.
- In 2002, Dukes Nose was successfully climbed by Mr. Umesh Lotlikar.